Friday 12 July 2013

Blind Contour - Hand Studies

Exercise suggested by the tutor in last assessment, had tried this recently when drawing the sheep's skull and found results all though wrong in the sense that the accuracy/realism that I would achieve if I was looking at the paper and assessing the marks I was making as I drew was not there... the lines, although mine, had a life of their own.

The same results where true of my hand studies. I took my time whist making the marks alway looking at my hand however I felt I could go slower but worried that if I did I would then start to loose sense of where I was in the drawing in term of what parts I had already drawn and  scale.  Also holding your hand up and keeping it and fingers in one position for a period of time is a challenge in it's self










After performing the above blind contour studies, I did two studies where I allowed my self, as normal, to look at the drawing.  Perhaps I had my drawing head on the evening when I was doing these hand studies but the drawing seem to go smoothly, didn't introduce and errors that are obvious to me or struggle to much with the study....perhaps performing a blind contour drawing would be a good/ useful warm-up  before starting other drawings in future.






No comments:

Post a Comment