Saturday 21 April 2012

Exercise : Doodling

Here I am doodling, making varied marks using a combination of  pencil , graphite stick, biro, conte crayon, soft pastel,  felt tip and charcoal.


Here the doodle is just that making marks with the different medium with out turning these marks into picture.


Here I start making marks as a doodle, with no sense of the what I want to draw but soon feel the purple marks made with  the felt tip pen look like the heads of flowers. This then influences the the  marks and colours I use to complete the drawing.





Here my doodle starts with a collection of black marks which, which looks to me like a rock. I complete my doodle thinking Japanese Zen garden.





Doodle starts with a series with rectangular hills, my picture turns into a collection of buildings




Here I decided to be a little less obvious with the subject matter that I had in mind once I started the doodle (volcano) and wanted to give the marks more room so have more empty space around the marks and less cross over of the marks.









No comments:

Post a Comment