Sunday 4 November 2012

Assignment 2 - Response

As per suggestion of my tutor in here Assignent 2 report  I have been looking at some of the drawings that I can find on line by the artist Oskar Kokoschka. Particularly like his series of sketches of the Thames, will bare these in mind as work through the next section of the course.

His work is very bold and expressive and the mark making is very visible in all his work even when he uses coloured pencils, perhaps due to old habits I see / treat the coloured pencils as a medium for neatly colouring in a drawing but this is not the case with  Oskar Kokoschka's work. 

In the following sketch done from a photograph my son took in Italy on a recent school trip, I was looking for pictures of statues but this picture appealed... Opportunity to think about composition and draw animals using coloured pencil in a more expressive way.

Angry dog:











Have been looking for another plant so that I could revisit the negative space exercise, trying to fill the paper and improve on composition. Found a pepper plant at the local farmers market for one pound, bargin, and felt this would suit my needs two different size peppers and plenty of space between the leaves.




Colour pencil sketch of the same plant:



No comments:

Post a Comment