Wednesday 22 May 2013

Exercise - Energy

In following drawing I captured my son in different poses walking down the stairs, I have tried to keep the drawing loose to give a sense of the figure moving in space.  Possibly a sense of movement but not energy



Working on the same concept added more poses and even less detailed, think it has improved the drawing, not only the finish with addition of some colour but an increased sense of movement.


Another attempt to get energy in the drawing moving away from boy descending stairs idea. This time I have my son skipping. I started to draw my son skipping in the same manner as him walking down the stairs, but this time having more of an overlap. Was not entirely sure it was working so rubbed the drawings back so the lines were only slightly visible then drew a figure on top of these faint lines in biro adding colour in soft pastel which I have then smudged to highlight the direction of movement.  I think this drawing is the most successful in conveying  energy



No comments:

Post a Comment