Sunday 30 June 2013

Exercise - Draw & Select (option 2)

Enjoyed the last section of the course and am tempted to stick with  life / portrait drawing in section five  but feel it would be beneficial to do something different and use this as opportunity to revisit a part of the course that was possibly less successful. For this reason and the practical benefits  (no need to find models) I have chosen to do Option 2, Observation in nature as the final assignment.

The outcome I will be hoping for will be stronger drawing, in my opinion (and hopefully my tutor's) than the one produced in section two... needs to show some obvious signs of progression.

Thinking back to still life arrangements at secondary school I remember them including the skull of a horse's head I also remember (positive memories) drawing some bird skeletons that the art teacher had found clearing out a chimney at home... perhaps animal skulls rather than fruit or house plants would be subject matter that I would find more inspiring.

Several skulls ordered from Ebay, not cheap...



Red fox skull:

Sketch 1:

Sketch 2:




Sketch 3, longer study:








Replica monkey skull:


Sketch 1:



Sketch 2:



Sketch 3, longer study:



Sheep skull:


Sketch 1:




Sketch 2:



Sketch 3





Sketch 4









No comments:

Post a Comment