Sunday 23 June 2013

Portrait Class 9

Possibly another two week posse, easel at the ready this time making sure I get the view I will feel happier painting.  This time I have decided to use acrylic a decision influenced by the fact that these paints were already out when I entered the studio,  my palette made up of the primaries plus white. I cover my canvas board with purple mixture, my intention was to go darker but it will do, application of initial coat of paint made quicker with the use of a sponge (thanks to the tutor).

With the purple coat down I decide to draw the head and feature using blue, I remembered reading an article in the Evening Standard the previous day that talked about BP Portrait Award and the use of the blue outline in places.

At the end of the 1st session I am happy the painting and am wondering if I want to work into more in the final session, do not want to lose the purple under painting that is coming through.



 


No comments:

Post a Comment