Wednesday 3 April 2013

Exercise - Essential elements

Here I have drawn six ten minutes studies of my daughter, given the time  allowed to complete drawings I have not corrected the areas that I was not happy with, but made sure I had enough time to put the marks down to define the figure and capture the tone.

In all six drawings I feel there is a strong presence of tone and as such sense of the light source.


In this picture I can see issue with the length of the head and how the shoulder nearest to the viewer meets the neck, sense of form suffers because of this.



This my second drawing which I believe, out of the six, is the most successful in terms of the  proportions and the application of tone.




Pleased with this drawing, possibly lighten the hand under the chin




Torso to small, position and length of arm nearest to the viewer could do with a some adjustment



Foot needs to be a lot bigger here



Shape of face not correct but happy the the  rendering of tone on the face and how the hands have turned out. This is probably my favourite pose, leaning slightly forward in the chair with hands crossed/touching.






No comments:

Post a Comment